Monday, April 30, 2012

Design Team Project
By Kim Smith

You're One Of A Kind...Altered Notebook



I made this little altered notebook using one of my favorite images from the Seaside CD by Lisa Kettell Designs!  Here's a quick little tutorial on how to make your own....

You're One Of A Kind Altered Notebook

Seaside Images CD by Lisa Kettel Designs
4x6 Composition Book with soft cover
Glue Stick
Glitter Glue
Rhinestones
Tissue Tape
Chalk Inks
Rubber Stamp
Spray Finish
Rayon Ribbon
Asstd Buttons

1. Pick your fav image from the Seaside CD and print it out to match the size of your notebook. In my example, my notebook measures 4x6 inches.
2. Glue the image to your front cover and let glue dry completely. I used a gluestick for mine because it dries quickly.
3. Embellish your image with glitter glue and rhinestones. I typically use flatter embellishments for my little notebooks so they are easy to carry.
4. Use tissue tape (Tim Holtz is used in this example) around the edge of the notebook. It gives a nice clean finish if folded over the edge.
5. Accent edge with chalk inks in desired color.
6. Stamp your message on image. I used Inkadinkado stamp for this project.
7. When all is dry, spray your cover with a clear finish. I used Krylon Low Odor Clear Finish in Matte because I like the soft vintage feel but you could also use a gloss if you prefer.
8. Wrap dyed rayon ribbon around edge of cover, tie at bottom, add fun buttons or charms if desired.

A quick fun project! Please visit Lisa's blog Faerie Enchantment for info on where to buy her fabulous images to make your own altered notebook. xoxo
___________________________________________________________________________________
How fabulous is this project? I love love love this, Now I want to make one too!
xoxo
Lisa!

1 comment:

Marfi-topia said...

I agree with you Lisa! I want to make one too:)
too cute!