Monday, March 30, 2009

Mixed Media Clay Painting: LuLu's Carnival, Finished!
Lulu's Carnival! Finished!
Hello All,
I finally finished LuLu's Carnival, the mixed media clay painting I had been working on, as you know I've been experimenting with various clay recipes that I have been making from a variety of materials, until I finally found one that can work as a bisque paper clay, mixed with paints, air drying and watered down to form a paste which can be adhered to canvas, 3-D sculpted and turned into what I call Clay Paint!
Lulu's Carnival! Photo Inside!
To see the first 10 stages of this mixed media clay painting scroll down the page to the original post.
Lulu's Carnival Upclose!I added more paints to the background of the piece, drew a few carnival doll performers using scrapbook paper for the legs, paints and crackle glaze, then outlined with a pink glitter gel pen.

On the balloon I drew an L on it, then filled in with the clay paint mixture and clay dots, and glitter. For the hat I embellished with a small pompom and new distressed stickles from ranger ink. Then I had to add some small stars which I hand drew and colored in with 2 different colors of stickles. The border of the canvas was distressed with broken china distress ink from Ranger, applied using my fingers.

Again the background paper is used from an old book, that I recycled. This piece is filled with cucpcake chic colors, a 50s meets modern color palette. When creating something new remember if you love your piece, and believe in it, everyone else will. My works aren't picaso's but they are my artful masterpieces, just as the ones you make will be your artful masterpieces.
Lulu's Carnival! Photo Outside!

Learn Mixed Media Clay Painting in my workshop of the same name where you leave with a medium to large sized canvas art piece and a new way of painting!
Here is an image of my hand molded/ hand made doll heads. I molded one for this piece for LuLu's hair barrett.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

So wonderful Lisa...really something Just love it xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's just adoreable!

Lola Enchanted said...

I love lulu!!