Saturday, November 06, 2010

Whimsical Scrapbook Layouts !

Party Time Scrapbook Layout! 6
I am not your normal scrapbooker, never have been, I have always loved popping out my pages, adding dimension and unusual details, basically playing with each detail on it, and letting it tell a new story. When I was in college I chronicled by senior year using a used storybook page calender as the background paper, instead of the scrapbook paper that was available at the time, which was plain and boring, now scrapbookers have more options and themes to play with.
Party Time Scrapbook Layout! 6Party Time Scrapbook Layout! 5

In this post I am showing you a Whimsical scrapbook layout I created using papers from my new paper line. I used the Doll House Curiosities Sheet, Tatterkins Royal Style and the Sweet Shoppe Carnival, Taffy Crowns Style.Party Time Scrapbook Layout! 4Party Time Scrapbook Layout! 3
I choose a vintage French postcard image which digitally altered in Corel Paint Shop Pro and layered it onto sweet polka dot paper from Making Memories, followed by K and Company photo corner accents.

I then attached the layered image to the main paper; Tatterkins Royal Style. Now comes the fun part embellishing.

I aged flowers from Prima in Tea and Distress Inks from Ranger, handmade and distressed crepe paper flowers, millinery pearls/stamens.

I used handmade paper frame, chipboard, aged ribbon, lace, trim/yoyo's from rat's pajamas, velvet trim and other embellishments.

I finished the layout with 2 embellishments from my doll parts line: Large Kewpie and Small Kewpie, which I hand painted, dressed, and extra embellished.
Party Time Scrapbook Layout! 2

Currently the doll parts are available in my Etsy Store, Website and at my store Front: Piddlestixs. The first printing of papers are sold out, the 2nd printing and new line will be available from the distributor before the end of the year!

Stay tuned for more scrapbook layouts and Lisa fun.

No comments: