Tuesday, August 19, 2008











August 1, 2, 9 and 10, Far Hills Estate Sale
Its been a busy summer, so much going on, I haven't had a moment to blog, until now! I want to start with the month of August, so much excitement. On August 1, 2, 9 and 10 a few friends came together to host a 2 day estate and garage sale for 2 weekends, in Far Hills, NJ. My Mom and I have a dear extended family who invited to collaborate on an extensive sale, featuring vintage images from my collection, teapots/teaware, and loads of European antiques from A gigantic circus lion, and vintage wind up toys/pub toys, paintings and furniture just to name a few, along with my vintage images and fabrics which are growing out of control, LOL. Met several artists and paper enthusists, along with a member of the Golden Globes of Christmas Past Organization, who was just wonderful, her name was Jane, not to mention and Michael Harnett from Stanhope, a designer who restores ceramic, tile, porcelin and more to its original state, from museum and theater clients to private, a true craftsman.The 4 days were spent with dear friends, Theresa, Colleen who was visiting from England, My Mom, Laurel and her Hubby, with visits from friends Michelle, her son Elam, Glenn and the loveable DJ, who has new horse friends Darcy and Sampson.

Take a peak at some of the antiques which were on sale at the event, these are some of my favorites, the vintage images in some of the pics are from my collection, they were reproduced for the event, I have my originals! LOL!, I couldn't part with them!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What fantastic treasures! I get such an infusion of creative inspiration when I see what kind of visual feasts others have to offer. (sorry, I self moderated after I found a fragmented sentence ~ yuk!)

Cheers! =D
~Kellie

Lisa Kettell said...

LOL, I've done that too!
Thanks so much, I'm in the process of scanning these books for the images.
Magic and Joy!
Lisa!