Thursday, February 26, 2009

Queen of Crepe Paper

Okay, What comes to mind when you here crepe paper? I think of party streamers and Dennison, and I think of Ann-Denise Anderson, The Queen of Crepe: http://whimandfancydesigns.blogspot.com/, one visit to her site and you will agree Ann-Denise is the Queen of Crepe, my goodness what she does with crepe paper is un-believable, I actually have a shelf in my studio dedicated to Ann-Denise, LOL, I think its a Crepe Paper Shrine, I love that shelf.

Ann-Denise frequently surprises me with goodies and at the times when I need that big smile the most, she doesn't even realize it either, lol. I mean her works send loads of magic to me, and brighten my days, as many of you do as well.

Well the other day I get a call from my Mom, that a package from Ann-Denise was at the studio, (Yes, I work in two locations, lol, my mom's house and my private studio at home, lol, I'm a traveling caravan, LOL). Well I rushed out and flew to my mom's. and there it was the big box of magic, I carefully opened it, un-packed the top layer of cheerful tissue paper and this is what I un-covered first a cellophane bag with a beautiful handmade Ann-Denise Crepe Paper flower pin tied to it, with a faux diamond ring fit for a Queen.
Inside this wrapped package lay a colorful and artful surprise, a hand knitted scarf in the most enchanting carnival colors, I've already worn it, on my lunch trip to Friendly's, its gorgeous. Here is a picture of this amazing piece!
WOW, That's one thing I hope to do in my life, KNIT, I'm crazy, I went and bought a knitting machine for ages 12 and up, about 6 months ago, I figured if children can do it, I can, LOL Well needless to say my in-expensive knitting machine is still in the box, in the basement, LOL, one day, I'll learn.


Now not only did I un-wrap this masterpiece, but hidden beneath this ornate package was my new favorite book, By the Lady Cottingley Series, a 10th Anniversary edition with cd. Funny thing was, my mom, was getting this for me for Valentine's Day and couldn't find it in the store, LOL, How did Ann-Denise know? LOL http://www.cottingley.net/fairies.shtml
http://www.cottingleyconnect.org.uk/fairies.htm Or visit Amazon or local book store to purchase your copy.



The above is a photo of my magical goodies, which I will cherish forever. Ann-Denise's work can also be seen in my new book: Altered Art Circus, where she made some amazing pieces!
Magic and Joy!
Lisa!

8 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Wow what a fabulous parcel. Love that scarf and the delightful crepe paper creation
Alison

Lisa Kettell said...

Thanks so much Alison, it was such a beautiful parcel!
XO!
Lisa!

Natasha Burns said...

Wow what amazing goodies, loving the crepe paper fabulousness and the scarf! I have that same pressed fairy book, I bought it when it first came out. Could it be ten years ago already? I love how the cover is kinda squishy if you know what i mean? Amazing illustrations in that one, couldn't you look at that book for hours??? xo

vivian said...

looks like a wonderful package! she know exactly what you would like. those are the best surprises to recieve! have a great weekend lisa!!
hugs
vivian

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

How wonderful Sweetie,Its so bright and cheerful,Lucky you.Hugs Marie Antionette

Lisa Kettell said...

She is so amazing, just made my whole day shine!
XO!
Lisa!

Tristan Robin said...

I love the Pressed Faery book, too! I had the decal that came in it on my car for four years - I hated to trade the car in and lose it! LOL

jmichelle Betaudier said...

OOps,... please excuse the regrettable typos...(sheepish grin here,..)