My package was filled with so much summer goodness. With the BoHo trend still rising this summer, I decided to create a fun summer BoHo statement necklace. The only thing extra I added were the fun tassels I made using neon floss.
After making my necklace, I paired it up with a fun and flirty tank, mixed yellow summer cardigan and skinny jeans. Think a preppy boho Carmen Miranda. This is a fun and flirty line perfect for adding some sunshine to your designs.
- 1 pack Tropical Punch Flower Maker, rhinestone gold
- 1 pack Tropical Punch Lucite Mix, Riviera
- 1 pack Tropical Punch Lucite Mix, Siena Wall
- 1 pack Tropical Punch Finding Kit, Gold Jump Rings
- 1 pack Tropical Punch Petal Curves, Shaded Purple
- 1 Pack Lucite Chain 16x30mm, Sugarloaf
- 3 Skeins Neon Yellow Light Effects Floss, E980 DMC
- Additional: gold jump rings, gold clasp and gold beading wire
- Tools: needle nose plier, flat nose plier, wire cutter
- Thread 5 tropical punch petal curved flower beads onto gold jewelry wire. Then wrap the wire around the rhinestone gold tropical punch flower maker. Wrap the extra wire around the flower maker center a few times, tighten and twist the ends together to close, cut extra wire.
- Repeat the step above for the second flower.
- Thread 7 beads from the tropical punch Lucite mixes onto gold jewelry wire. Then wrap wire around the third rhinestone gold flower maker and pull tight, twist ends close. Cut the remaining wire.
- Cut the Lucite chain in half and attach each chain half to the purple flowers, using the extra large gold jump rings. Attach the mixed bead flower to the center of the purple flowers using a few small gold jump rings.
- Open the 3 skeins of neon yellow floss from their packaging. Fold the skein in half, twist a thin strand around the center a few times and tie knot to secure to form a small tassel. Trim length till desired length is achieved. Repeat for each tassel.
- Insert a small gold jump ring to the top of each tassel and attach to the bottom of each beaded flower.
- Finally attach 4 small gold jump rings to each Lucite chain end and add the clasp.
Tips and Tricks:
- Make your tropical flowers larger using 6 leaves instead of 5. Try doubled flowers using 12 flower leaves.
- Make a layered flower necklace and add more tassels or fringe.
- Add more rhinestones to the necklace.