With a few simple supplies you can bend popsicle sticks into fabulous bracelets for both adults and children. Once bent, stamp on them, roll in glitter, paint, wrap in paper or decoupage. This project is so fast and easy to make, so let's get started.
- Jumbo wooden craft popsicle sticks
- Ornate wrapping paper or large sheet paper, Paper Source
- Clip-on earrings, Forever 21
- Velvet ribbon, Simplicity
- Drinking glasses or mugs
- Glues; hot glue, industrial glue, modge podge, Plaid
- Tools: hot glue gun, scissors, large pot, foam brush
|The popsicle sticks inserted into glasses and drying for 24 to 32 hours.|
- Fill a large cooking pot with water, bring to a boil, drop popsicle sticks into boiling water, let boil for around 10 minutes. Reduce heat and let soak in the hot water for 5 more minutes.
- Remove popsicle sticks from water using tongs, let cool a minute.
- Begin slowly bending the popsicle sticks and insert them into a glass or mug. Bend them into rounded shapes that fit around the inside of the glass or mug. You can even wrap one around the glass or mug and hold in place with elastic band or wire.
- Let dry for 24 hours to 32 hours, so they dry and hold their shape. Remove from glasses.
- Brush modge podge onto the front of the rounded popsicle stick. Fold a piece of paper over it. Let dry.
- Cut any extra paper and glue the ends on the back of the bracelet.
- Hot glue 2 pieces of velvet trim to each end of the bracelet.
- Add a clip on earring to the center and your bracelet is ready to wear.
- Add a bunch of popsicle sticks to the boiling water, as a few may break.
- Always be careful when working with hot water or hot glue.
- Try covering bracelets with washi tape, rub on transfers, stamps and vintage ephemera.
- Paint or ink your bracelets and use rubber stamps to create wording or design of choice.