Do you know what time of year it is? Its peeps time. Here is another fun peeps project I created. This time I used Rit Dye for the lace ribbon and pom poms, paper straws and pink bunny peeps. A great recycled project using left over ribbon, paper straws and peeps. Perfect for all ages. Now let's get started.
Materials for the Decorating:
- Pink bunny peeps, Peeps and Company
- Paper straws
- Pom poms
- Ornate pearl stick pins, Lisa Kettell Designs
- Tools/Glue: hot glue gun, hot glue sticks, scissors
Materials for the Dye:
- Liquid Dye, Petal Pink, Rit Dye
- White lace trim or ribbon, Joanne's Fabric and Craft Store
- Plastic table cover
- Paper towels or old towel
- Measuring spoon, measuring cup
- Large glass or plastic bowl
Directions to Dye the Lace and Pom poms:
- Prep your surface. Lay plastic table cover on the surface you will working over. Put on your rubber or latex gloves.
- Mix 2 tablespoons Rit liquid dye petal pink with 1 1/2 cups hot water in a plastic, or metal bowl and stir. Let steep for 20 minutes. For good hot water, heat some in the microwave in a glass bowl for 2 minutes.
- Place lace ribbon and light color pom pom in the liquid dye solution, let set for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove the dyed ribbon when desired color is achieved and place onto a foil pan. Let dry. Reserve your remaining mixture for more dying by pouring into a glass jar or container, keep sealed
Directions To make Peeps Wands:
- Push a paper straw into the bottom end of a pink bunny peep, secure in place with hot glue or glue of choice. Attach a pom pom to the back of the peep, tilting to the left side, secure with hot glue.
- Cut a piece of the dyed lace ribbon about 12 inches and tie around the bottom of the peep ( at the top of the wand). Then push in a pearl stick pin into the top center of the peep.
- Fill in any white areas of the peep with a decaupage medium mixed with petal pink Rit dye and add pinkish sand to finish.
- Try adding sugary pink clear or German glitter on the peep.
- Add a crepe paper skirt and other fun details to your peep wand.