- Craft wooden dowel
- Foil pan
- Tinsel wired party garland
- Chlorine bleach
- Glass bowl large
- Glue gun
- Hair dryer
- Large metal spoon
- Old towel
- Paper towels
- Plastic table cover
- Rubber gloves
- Rit Dye Colors Used: Petal Pink
- Cut 9 pieces from the tinsel wired garland measuring these dimensions: 3 pieces at 6 1/2 inches, 3 pieces at 4 1/2 inches, 2 pieces at 3 inches and one at 6 inches.
- On a craft wooden dowel, measure 2 inches from one end, mark
in place with a pencil or pen.
- Now wrap one of the 6 1/2 inch cut tinsel wire garland pieces around the craft wooden dowel at the 2inch mark. Repeat for the next 2 pieces of 6 1/2 inch cut tinsel wire garland pieces. Secure in place with hot glue. ( See pictures for guide )
- Measure an inch from the wrapped garland and mark with pencil. Begin wrapping the next set of cut tinsel garland pieces that measured 4 1/2 inches in the same way you wrapped the other pieces. Secure in place with hot glue.
- For the last piece that measures 6 inches, wrap 2 times around the top, secure with hot glue and pull straight up to finish the tree.
- Prep your surface. Lay plastic table cover or large old towel on the surface you will working over. Put on your rubber or latex gloves.
Mix 2 teaspoons petal pink Rit liquid dye with 1 Cup hot water in a large glass or metal bowl. For good hot water, heat some in the microwave for 2 minutes. Let sit for 1/2 hour.