Sun & Fun....Seaside Assemblage
I made this fun little altered tin using images from Lisa Kettell Designs Seaside Collage CD. Here's a little tutorial on how to make one for yourself...
Seaside Collage CD- choose a background image and a figure that you like
3x4 inch rectangular tin without lid
Glitter, rhinestones, colored confetti
Small piece of gold German Scrap
Small items to make 'feet' for tin
1. Paint tin and let dry. I used blue and purple on the outside, creamy white on the inside.
2. Cut out your images. Glue your background to the inside of the tin and add words or any other embellishments you would like to use.
3. Add a small stand to the back of your figure and adhere to back of tin so she appears to be freestanding.
4. Add umbrella behind your figure and glue.
5. Glue confetti, moss, shells and glitter to the inside base of your tin.
6. Make your tin header from cardstock and decorate. I used rhinestones and a small piece of german scrap for mine. Glue to tin and edge with glitter.
7. Glue feet if desired to tin. I used clear pebbles with flat sides for mine.
8. Antique edges of tin, feet and other embellishments to age and add dimension.
9. Let it dry completely.
How amazing is this piece from design team member Kim? I just love it, after I spent a day at the Jersey Shore last Wednesday, then saw this piece, I became inspired to re-create my day at the beach following this fabulous seaside project!
Stay tuned for more amazing projects from our FABULOUS design team at Lisa Kettell Designs!