Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bottle Brush Whimsy!
The Tinselette Tree Danseurs!Here is an array of holiday projects I created using bottle brush trees and wreaths, which I either bleached or hand dyed, then decorated with vintage embellishments and Lisa style!Sweetie Swizzlestix!These doll are the Sweetie Swizzleberrys!

Meet Miss Sweetie Swizzleberry, a bottle brush tree doll ornament. Made from vintage bottle brush tree, vintage millinery, paper wire, distressed old fashioned tinsel, chenille, my handpainted vintage styrofoam heads, crepe paper, mercury beads and more.

Sweetie's tree body was hand bleached, dyed and painted, then lightly sprinkled w/clear glitter.
Sweetie Swizzlestix! 2Sweetie Swizzlestix! 3Meet the Bottle Brush Wreath Ornaments!Pink Pinecone Doll Ornament!This is one I made using a bottle brush wreath I dyed a kitchy pink and added a pine cone doll I made and aged with distress inks, and other fun embellishments!Pink Pinecone Doll Ornament! 3Pink Pinecone Doll Ornament! 2Here is another bottle brush wreath ornament I made using a hand dyed kitchy aqua bottle brush wreath, hand dyed pink bottle brush tree, vintage flocked deer which I hand dyed and various other embellishments!Pink Deer Ornament! 4Pink Deer Ornament!Here are two more versions:
Miss Sugar DeerfieldMiss Pinky DeerFieldNow meet another version, The Matryoshka's!Matryoshka Wreath, Pollyanna's Fairytale! 6Meet: Pollyanna and she loves fairy tales!

This new piece is made from a hand dyed, vintage bottle brush wreath I created, then embellished with vintage kitchy pieces, vintage beading, millinery, berries, my own scrapbook paper and my handmade Matryoshka Dolls, glitter, paints and more. Matryoshka Wreath, Pollyanna's Fairytale! 3Matryoshka Wreath, Pollyanna's Fairytale! 2Matryoshka Wreath, Nellie's Fairytale! 3Meet: Nellie and she loves fairy tales!

This new piece is made from a hand dyed, vintage bottle brush wreath I created, then embellished with vintage kitchy pieces, vintage beading, millinery, berries, my own scrapbook paper and my handmade Matryoshka Dolls, glitter, paints and more. Matryoshka Wreath, Nellie's Fairytale! 2Matryoshka Wreath, Nellie's Fairytale!The Matryoshka Wreaths! 2I hope you enjoyed some of the fun I had with bottle brush trees and wreaths. All were made from recycled bottle brush ornaments which I dismantled, re-dyed and re-made into my own style!
Have a wonderful Holiday filled day!
xoxo
Lisa!

4 comments:

Tristan Robin said...

You are too clever by half! These are adorable! - I especially like the top photo with the boxed bottle brush babes!

Lisa Kettell said...

Thanks soooo much Tristan. I'm on a bottle brush kick, lol!
xoxo

Unknown said...

You certainly have the magick touch...those are all so adorable! They have a 50's kind of look...classic!

Lisa Kettell said...

Thanks so much Debra! xo