Saturday, March 07, 2009

Le Mer-Mystique Circus!
I had posted this on my captured jar fairy blog, http://capturedjarfairies.blogspot.com/
but wanted to add this to my faerie enchantment blog too!

This is a captured jar fairy I made called: Le Mer-Mystique Circus!
Le Mer-Mystique Circus!
The Story of the Le-Mer-Mystique Circus, begins along the French Riviera of France, in a tiny magical town called, Mystique, its creator Jacques Maurice, was a brilliant archaeologist, who received world that mermaid remains were found off the Almalfi Coast on a tiny little island, with underground caverns and tunnels, just recently discovered.

When Jacques heard this, he gathered his team and they sailed straight for the island which has been called: The Isle of Juliette, after the island's explorer, Juliette Laveins, who discovered the island 3 years ago and has been working there researching the mermaid myth, but with the discovery of the underwater caverns and female/fish like remains, the myth is becoming a fact.

With only 3 weeks on the Island, Jacques, was awaken by a mesmerizing sound, voices of pure enchantment, he followed the sounds to he reached the entrance of another cave. It looked un-discovered, he walked through the vine invested tunnel inside the cave and came upon the most enormous display of lights at the end of the tunnel, when he looked over the tunnels edge, he couldn't believe his eyes, there must have been over 300 mer-people in elaborate gowns, and tuxedo's, sitting down watching a spectacular performance of legendary sea sprites, mermaids and mer-animals, it was magical.

Then a dozen royal mer-gaurds spotted him and lead him to their guard center, how could he hear and see them, was their question, he didn't know? But how could he? Why did he know his way around the Island and how come he always saw a mer-woman in his dreams? What did it mean?

His questions would not be answered now. Before he was released, jacques took an oath of secrecy to the colony and was lead out of the tunnel, which again was hidden with even more layers of vines and folliage.

Then Jacques awoke back in his tent, not knowing if he dreamt last night, or if it was real. Jacques stayed on the island another week, with no other strange occurances, he lfet with his team for home, a year later The Le Mer-Mystique Circus was born, out of one man's dream, his imagination and desire to find magic and achieve artistic bliss.
Le Mer-Mystique Circus!
Le Mer-Mystique Circus! 3
This jar fairy has been embellished with a multitude of images, from my collection, all double layered onto black posterboard for durability.

I even have a swinging acrobatic celestial clown, attached inside the jar with soft silver metallis thin thread, to lid.

I then added reindeer moss, real shells from my Monhegan Island Shells collection, rustic wire, sequims, glitters, etc.

The background image has been layered with another image, so the back of the jar, has a scene as well.

Hugs!
Lisa!

Ironically this jar fairy was SOLD over a year ago to a wonderful customer in France!

Pixie's Apothecary! 3

10 comments:

MaygreenFairies said...

Magical!!! Another gem from you hun. Mandy x

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

I love the jars and i love the story behind it,just fab.
I think Henrietta the Hippo is the sweetest thing.
Thank you Hon ,for giving me the awards,I will be honored to post them on my blog.It may take me a day or two,cause I've not even thought up a post to write.LOL...I'll get there,you'll see.I won'y fail you. XXOO Marie Antionette

Geralyn Gray said...

Ahhhh I needed a little story.....a french one at that. I just got done baking.....going back to the high school to paint the set some more.....thanks for the break....so looking forward to tomorrow and thanks for the blog awards!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Ohhhh Lisa...what a wonderfully fabulous story. I LOVE the jars!

LuLu Kellogg~*

mIzZ (hONeY) bEe aka Marlene said...

Hello Lisa! I love jars, I think I'll have to make one for myself...toooo cute (and I mean that in a good way)...it was great meeting you & your mom today at Gerayln's...I had a WONDERFUL time...I just love your ATC that I think I need to frame the little queen, maybe a shadow box or a shadow book...and the boyz (Sir Toby McBee and Sir Wheezer Emerald)and I are going to settle down and I'm going to read to them your book - what lovely way to end a great day!

On another note I would love to be included in Alice's Carnival Circus Soiree...Toby, Wheezer & myself will have to put together all are best garb for the shing ding...great wait for Circus Top Three Wing Event to begin...I can taste the cotton candy and the smell the roasted peanuts in the air...ahhhhh....see there..

mIzZ (hONeY) bEe aka Marlene said...

Litte added note to Bee Serendipitous comment - I forgot to add my name....its me Marlene (the hat gal) Peace 2 "U"

mIzZ (hONeY) bEe aka Marlene said...

Okay this is my last comment for the night..Lisa please forgive me for all the typos that I made on my last two comments....Marlene

Geralyn Gray said...

Marlene is still making me smile today!!!!!! Thanks so much for coming yesterday---What fun!!!!! I just had to thank you too for the collage CD....WOW!!!!!!!! I love love love all of those images.....It's helping me survive until Somerset's Marie Antionette comes out in April. I can't wait to make something with this collage CD. It's great too because Zandra loves it too. So, next Sunday I'll print some up for her. Fun...fun...fun...enjoy your Mom's B-day!!!!!!! Happy Birthday Joan!!!!!!! Can't wait until our Montclair adventure!

Lisa Kettell said...

You guys are the best. Thanks so very much!
Miss Marlene and Miss Geralyn, I had a blast Sunday, it made my week!
Super Hugs to everyone!
Lisa!

snippetgirl said...

I want to live in your blog :)! Ha! Just soooo much Enchantment and imagination and fun. That Henrietta Hippo is about the cutest thing ever. The jars are wonderful too.
I am now a follower of yours...can't wait to stay tuned in.