Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Sunday in the Artful Countryside!

Come and peak inside the world of the Girls from NJ, who all came together for an artful day filled with fun and girl chatter, right inside Linda's Amazing Studio and I mean amazing! In the picture to the left and below is Me, Linda, Bonnie and Deana!

Linda, Bonnie http://bonnieegenton.blogspot.com/
and I met at Ranger and instantly clicked, Deana and I met through Linda, the whole meeting between us all was pure Serendipity, we were all meant to be at the same place at the same time. If you don't believe in Serendipity, watch the movie and eat the ice cream at the sweet spot in NYC, read this post and you will believe.

What do a group of artsy girls do when they get together, have a girly good time, chat, share stories and make a little magic. The following three pictures show Bonnie, Deana and Linda had at work, well playing with their projects, which is a paper fan project I call: The Silver Dollie Fan, where you take an old butter knife and cover it in a piano paper template, distress it, we used Ranger Inks http://www.rangerink.com/ and products layered with a doll image of your choice and fun embellishments. Deana likes to cut paper and decided to burn her edges with a candle for a more distressed look, and an exotic feel, Linda choose a Fairy Sweet Look and Bonnie a vintage doll feel. I opted for the same.



Here is a picture of Linda's Sweet Dollie Piece:

In this picture is Deana's Exotic Vintage Hula Girl Piece:


Now we have Bonnie's Vintage Doll Piece:

Finally we get to mine, the first picture is my piece half finished and the next a picture of the final piece!



While creating, we munched on chocolate chip cookies, coffee and pure excitement. Stay tuned for the next event: My Birthday Soiree Party, Where we are going that day will be a fun adventure!

Hugs!
Lisa!

4 comments:

Ann-Denise Anderson said...

Lisa,
These are spectacular...I love them, now I know what I can do with all that vintage utensils I have stashed away! How did you like the halloween treat? I hope all is well and Happy Halloween!!!!
Hugs~Ann-Denise

Anonymous said...

Wow gorgeous! Is your book out yet?
Bring thermals to Boston its freezing! Have fun.. I am moving ugh!

Suze said...

You guys sure made some g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s looking fans ! And that makes me one of YOUR biggest fans !! Dont shovel too much snow...stay warm...
Hugz sweetie !

Lisa Kettell said...

We had so much fun...
Ann-Denise my halloween gift is on my halloween mantle I love it!
Thank You SOOOOOOO Much!

Denise, not mkaing it to Salem this year, long story!

Suze I am your Fan! LOL! Love you!

Love you all!
Hugs!
Lisa!