Monday, September 22, 2008

New Fave Art Book: Sew Pretty Christmas Homestyle!

On Sunday Afternoon, the weather was beautiful, sunny and September Warm, I decided to grab my coffee and new book, to read it on the front steps of my house, while I waited for Glenn.

Over a month ago, I came across the book: Sew Pretty Christmas Homestyle!By: Tone Finnanger Which is published by Tilda Publishing-David and Charles was released on the market in July 2008 and is to me one of the best holiday and vintage style books I have seen in awhile, One look inside and you will be instantly inspired as I was.


This book was originally released in Norway, and the designer/artist has written several books for the same publisher: David and Charles some of those books include: Sew Pretty Homestyle, Crafting Christmas Gifts and Crafting Springtime Gifts, not to mention: Tildas Haus written in German.
Here is a preview of some of the projects and pages inside this gorgeous book. Even if you don't sew, the colors, the images, the prints, the fabrics can inspire all of us, even the paper crafters, The Fairy Makers, and Santa's Holiday workers too!

Before I forget, here is a wonderful award I received from the Great Kellie of Paper Cat Designs http://papercatdesigns.blogspot.com/
Who took the time to think of me with this amazing award, Thank You Kellie!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This book looks wonderful. The people in Norway seem to understand how to take simple and make it magical. Karen

Susan Tuttle said...

How wonderful is this book! Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations on the award!

Susan
xo

Enchantments and Giggles said...

Lisa - I need your snail mail address, please!

Lisa Kettell said...

Thanks everyone for popping on by!
I love this book, trust me its a great source of inspiration!


I shall email you my addy asap!

Magic and Joy Everyone!
Hugs!
Lisa!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

You found a good spot to read this wonderful book.Norway is a beautiful country.I would love to visit.Hugs Marie Antionette